Let’s know about BigCommerce
If you are interested in creating or transferring your online store, this impartial BigCommerce review will help you learn the basics as well as your fit with the ecommerce sites.
BigCommerce has all you need to get an online store set up fast, and at an affordable price. The business has been at the ecommerce game because 2009, also is now a leading ecommerce platform through the years. 60,000+ set up an companies use BigCommerce to scale and run their businesses on line.
BigCommerce is a paid-for, ‘hosted’ e-commerce solution that allows business owners to online store building and sell their products on the web. ‘Hosted’ means that BigCommerce runs on its own servers — so you don’t have to buy web hosting or install anything on your computer to use it. As long as you have access to a web browser and the internet, you can build and manage your store from anywhere. It’s a ‘software as a service’ (SaaS) product, which means that you don’t own the software, but pay a monthly fee to use it.
The product comes with a range of customizable templates to help you design your online store; you can use it to sell either physical or digital goods; and there are also some tools provided to help you market your store.
Core Selling Features- Big Commerce
As we’ll see below, the exact features you get with BigCommerce depend on the plan you opt for, but important features common to all plans include:
- A choice of 12 free templates
- The ability to sell an unlimited number of physical or digital goods
- A drag-and-drop page builder
- Integration with Paypal and a wide range of payment gateways
- Unlimited staff accounts
- Full content management (CMS) functionality
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) features
- Automated image optimisation, using Akamai Image Manager
- Integration with several e-mail marketing services: Constant
Contact, iContact, Mailchimp and Interspire
- Discount coupons and gift vouchers
- Product review functionality
- The ability to tweak CSS and HTML as desired
- Professional reporting.
What Does Big Commerce Offers
BigCommerce is a cloud-based e-commerce system which provides a fantastic set of online store management features in addition to content management features, and hosting and safety options for your ecommerce software.
Ignite Growth, Not Complexity
Satisfy the elastic, receptive SaaS platform causing a new era of ecommerce.
Explore unlimited chances to Build, Innovate and Grow.
Begin with the rock-solid foundation of a strong ecommerce platform.
“With BigCommercewe can get our product online in minutes. Gone will be the long waits to create changes on our site and launch new products.”
- Design with Freedom
- Run without Worry
- Outperform the Competition
- Clothing Brand Relaunches
Switch impossible commerce experiences into reality with all the flexibility of available SaaS.
“BigCommerce is still a trusted platform; because launch, we haven’t had to do much upkeep, which frees up time to make improvements to our online shop.”
- Stay Active
- Go Headless
- Integrate Anything
- A Flexible Length
Scale and develop fuller with no difficulty holding you back.
“On BigCommercewe have a very responsive environment that could change quickly to meet our business requirements”
- Convert more
- Borderless Commerce
- Powerful Analytics
- Selling Internationally
Selling Online With BigCommerce
Selling online using BigCommerce is simple, but it does not come without challenges and hiccups.
I really like the fact that it is possible to utilize BigCommerce to handle multiple sales channels. When you are starting from scratch, you can control the popularity of Amazon, eBay, Google Shopping, along with other platforms to get your products and services in front of customers. Having a central point to handle of that makes it simpler to streamline operations, saving you time and money.
It’s also possible to choose your business global since it supports multiple currencies. You’ll find it effortless to market to new and present customers because it incorporates with many email advertising solutions, such as Mailchimp, Infusionsoft, and Continuous Contact.
So What Do You Get for Your Money?
As you’d expect, how much functionality you get from BigCommerce depends on how much you’re prepared to pay for it. Each plan offers a distinct set of features, which I’ll go through now.
BigCommerce’s cheapest offering, the ‘standard’ plan, costs $29.95, which is roughly the same price as Shopify, Volusion and Squarespace’s entry level e-commerce plans. That said it is, in general, a much more comprehensive starter plan than any of these, providing:
- a standalone online store
- the ability to sell an unlimited number of products
- unlimited bandwidth
- unlimited file storage
- unlimited staff accounts
- gift cards
- ratings and reviews functionality
- multi-currency selling
- point of sale (POS) functionality (this lets you use a BigCommerce store to sell in a physical location)
- professional reporting
- automatic image optimisation
- AMP (accelerated mobile pages) functionality
This represents a lot of e-commerce bang for your buck — pretty much all the key ingredients of an online store are provided on BigCommerce’s standard plan.
Next we have the ‘BigCommerce Plus’ plan.
In addition to the core functionality as you’ll find on the standard plan, it provides
- an abandoned cart saver tool
- a ‘persistent cart’ (this saves products to a customer’s cart irrespective of device used)
- stored credit cards (this allows your regular customers to save their card details on your store)
- customer grouping / segmentation
With regard to the last feature mentioned above, customer grouping, this lets you divide customers into different segments, so that you can reward different customers based on activity and particular purchases.
The next plan up in the mix is ‘BigCommerce Pro’. With this plan, you don’t get a huge amount of extra functionality over BigCommerce Plus — but you do get a significantly increased sales limit.
This permits up to $400,000 in online sales, with an additional fee of $150 per month per $200k in sales.
As this plan name suggests, it is geared towards corporate users that have very high volumes of sales (typically, over $1,000,000), and, accordingly, advanced selling requirements.
- Features that are included on ‘Enterprise’ but not on the cheaper plans include : advanced product filtering (this lets your visitors search your store using your own custom fields)
- Price lists (this allows you to create pricing rules based on customer groups — so different groups of customers see different product prices based on how you’ve segmented them)
- Unlimited API calls (BigCommerce’s API — ‘Application Programming Interface’ — allows developers to share data between your store and other apps, and the Enterprise plan doesn’t place any limits on how many times these ‘data sharing’ connections can be made. This makes it better suited to businesses that are expecting a high volume of traffic / API connections to their store)
- BigCommerce consulting / account management
- priority support (including API support).
Transaction fees and sales limits
A question which many potential BigCommerce users ask is: “How much of a cut of my sales are they going to take?”
Well, the good news is that there are no transaction fees on any BigCommerce plan. This is in marked contrast to its key competitors. However, you do have to pay credit card transaction fees to the company you select to process payments. These will depend on the payment gateway you use.
The bad news, and as mentioned above, is that BigCommerce places a limits on your annual online sales.
These limits are as follows:
- BigCommerce Standard: $50,000
- BigCommerce Plus: $180,000
- BigCommerce Pro: $400,000
- BigCommerce Enterprise: negotiable.
(If you’re on the ‘BigCommerce Pro’ plan, you can increase the sales limit by paying $150 per month for every additional $200k in sales)
Who’s Bigcommerce best suited for?
BigCommerceis the best choice for large and fast-growing businesses. It has an impressive range of built-in tools and features to support your online store’s growth. Powerful reporting tools mean it’s easy to keep track of your store’s successes and improvements. You can sell through multiple channels, while managing everything from one place.
What can I sell through BigCommerce?
BigCommerce is the only ecommerce builder which automatically lets you sell physical, digital, and service-based products. You don’t have to install an app to allow this; it’s already included in the builder!
BigCommerce Themes And Apps
The BigCommerce Theme Store enables you to see what you could utilize if you choose to use the platform. It’s a fantastic store that provides you a selection of free and paid options. You’ll have the ability to find a stylish responsive motif that is easy to work with. But because most of the topics come from one developer, there’s not much concerning uniqueness from theme to theme. Expect to pay $150-$200 for a good theme.
Wanna Know More about Big Commerce?
#Read our Recent Reviews
Big Commerce is Your BEST!!
Enjoy it for my shop bittybowsboutique.com
I run an online children’s hair accessories business Bitty Bows Boutique and have been with BC for about 3 years now. We were at 3DCart before which was the worst company I’ve ever worked with. BC has broad features offered but also make it easy to make customizations. They keep their customers happy and don’t nickle and dime as with other companies. The product provides a quick reliable website and the associated apps actually work. Additionally truly madly deeply in love with Klaviyo that’s incorporated and utiliizes top tech. I feel like they’re a forever alternative for my store! Definitely recommend!
Best customer service and support I’ve ever Encounter in 20 years
I never thought I’d compose a 5 star review about ANY IT company–and I used to be in IT. But after horrible ceremony with GoDaddy and Digitlhaus I was SO impressed by Bigcommerce. Support picks up the phone within a minute, they tackle all problems, even ones that aren’t their responsibility and they’re so comprehensive. Finest customer service and support I’ve ever encounter in 20 years– hands down